-Licensing Information - Kimono and the Colors of Japan (New Printing Edition)
- A great reference guide to Japanese color theory.
- Each category presents an example of how Japanese people understand individualcolors and what the colors themselves express or signify.
- A must have for kimono lovers, textile/surface pattern designers, and illustrators.
This distinctive volume reveals a unique antique kimono collection through various delicate Japanese colors and their use in kimono. The main focus of this book is on the colors of kimono and obi, not their construction or how to wear them. Colors such as “coconut brown,” “horizon blue,” “cupid pink,” and “lamp black” suggest the ways in which Japanese textile artists perceive colors.
Katsumi YUMIOKA, a collector and an owner of an antique kimono gallery. With the knowledge of both Western and Japanese traditional fashion cultures, Yumioka presents and explains his collection to the general reader in an easily accessible way.
- Pages：240Pages (Full color)
- Publisher：PIE International
- Language：Japanese / English bilingual
- ISBN：978-4-7562-5017-9 Ｃ0072
- Author：Katsumi YUMIOKA
If you are living outside of UK, please check the distributor/bookstore who covers your country.