- Licensing Information -I Won’t Move
Printed in 2020
- 5th Place at the 2nd TSUTAYA Picture Book Grand Prix
- 13th Place at the 14th MOE Picture Booksellers Grand Prix 2021
What makes the Shoebill, also known as “The Bird Who Doesn’t Move,” get moving?
Shoebill always stands perfectly still. Even when his friends Hippo and Snake come, he still won’t move. Not even when Elephant’s nose turns into a banana, or Zebra’s stripes start to curl, or whenever other strange animals come along…
A cute and humorous picture book by the creative duo that produced “Ghost Cat” (Onyake), “The Cat Train” (Denya).
- Rhythmic lines are fun to read aloud.
- A funny imaginary world that showcases (and inverts) the special characteristics of shoebills, penguins, sloths and other animals.
- Bright illustrations drawn in a childish, naive style.
Author: Kenta Otsuka
In addition to writing stories for picture books and kamishibai picture plays, author Kenta Otsuka, from Saitama Prefecture, Japan, also writes screenplays. Otsuka’s picture books include: Ghost Cat (Onyake), The Cat Train (Denya), Ninja Bug (Mushi Ninja) (PIE International), Panda for a Day (Ichinichi Panda), Panda for a Night (Yoru dake Panda), Bus Trip with Capybara-sensei (Kapibara-sensei no basu ensoku) (Shogakukan), My Turn, My Turn (Okaeshi Okaeshi) (Shufuunotomo), Piyo Piyo-chan (Tokyo Shoten), No More Rolling Dung (Funkorogasazu) (KADOKAWA), Squid is Angry (Ika wa Ikatteru) (Micro Magazine) and more.
Illustratior: Keiko Shibata
Active in a range of areas, Keiko Shibata illustrates for books, magazines, advertisements and other genres. Shibata’s picture book illustrations have won numerous awards, including the Grand Prize in multiple years at the LIBRO Picture Book Awards for the acclaimed picture book Polar Bear Looks Yummy (Oishisouna Shirokuma) (PHP), and Bread Thief (Pan Dorobo) (KADOKAWA), which was also awarded the Grand Prize in the inaugural TSUTAYA Picture Book Prize, among other award nominations. Shibata’s other picture books include The Cat Train (Denya) (PIE International), The Little Pomeranian (Pome-chan)(Hakusensha), The Cat Who Wore Glasses series (Meganeko)(Tegamisha) and several others.
- Pages：32Pages（Full Color）
- Publisher：PIE International
- ISBN：978-4-7562-5413-9 Ｃ8793
- Author：Kenta Otsuka and Keiko Shibata
If you are living outside of UK, please check the distributor/bookstore who covers your country.